April 11, 2012

Pattern - Hadley Lace Hat



I wanted a hat that matched the fingerless gloves that I made from the V-Stitch Fingerless Gloves pattern (linked below) so I created this. It uses the same stitch pattern as the gloves and is warmer than it looks. Here's the pattern. If you have any questions, comments or constructive criticism, please leave a comment. Enjoy the pattern.



Related Links

Finished Size
Teen/Adult (22” circumference)



Supplies Needed
1.5 oz/78 yds worsted weight
I hook

Gauge
rnds 1-2 = 3” diameter

Notes
Uses the stitch pattern in V-Stitch Fingerless Gloves from Crafts by Sinjah

Rnd 1. Ch 4, join w/ sl st to form ring, ch 3 (counts as 1st dc here and throughout), dc 11 in ring, join w/ sl st to 1st dc

Rnd 2. Ch 3, dc in same st, 2dc in each st around, join w/ sl st to 1st dc

Rnd 3. Ch 3, dc in same st, *2dc in next st, dc in next st*, repeat ** around, join w/ sl st

Rnd 4. Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in 2 sts, *2dc in next st, dc in next 2*, repeat ** around, join w/ sl st to 1st dc

Rnd 5. Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next 3 sts, *2dc in next st, dc in next 3*, repeat ** around, join w/ sl st to 1st dc

Rnd 6. Ch 3, 2dc in same st, sk 2 dc, *3dc in next st, sk 2 dc*, repeat ** around, join w/ sl st to 1st dc

Rnd 7. Sl st in next dc, ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1 here and throughout), dc same st, sk 2 dc, *(dc, ch1, dc) in next, sk 2 dc*, repeat ** around, join w/ sl st to 1st dc

Rnd 8. Sl st in ch sp, ch 3, 2dc in same ch sp, 3dc in next ch sp and each ch sp around, join w/ sl st to 1st dc

Rnds 9-14. Repeat rnds 7 & 8 three times

Rnd 15. Ch 1, sc same and in each st around, join with sl st to 1st sc, finish off and weave ends in

19 comments:

  1. This hat is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hat! I plan to make this soon. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your hat on Pinterest tonight. I am already half way through the pattern, and I love it. Super easy instructions, Thanks! Can't wait to see the finished product tomorrow.

    Kandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it; I didn't realize my hat was on Pinterest. Make sure you check out the V-Stitch gloves the hat's based on. They're super adorable and even quicker than the hat.

      Delete
  4. just found this on Pinterest too....does the hat fit an adult or a child????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's adult. If you want a child-size hat maybe go down a hook size or two and use a thinner yarn. I used Super Saver but Simply Soft might work well.

      Delete
  5. Awesome! This was the first hat I've done (did the matching mitts too) for my 11 yr old daughter, and she loves it! This is a pic of her wearing it :D https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=430096937043363&set=t.612327934&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cute! I love the way the color-pooled with that varigated yarn. I'm glad you guys love it.

      Delete
  6. This is such a cute hat. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made this tonite. Good instructions, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this pattern. It would be helpful if you could include how many stitches you should have at the end of each row.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow I ended up with a giant ruffled doily about halfway through... is it supposed to look like that in the middle? Lol I take it the answer is no...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible that it might look that way. It should look less like a doily and more like a hat between rounds 9-14

      Delete

Question? Comment? Just wanna say hi? Leave me a message. I respond to every comment so I suggest clicking the link below that says "Suscribe by email" to get my response in your inbox.