January 25, 2013

I Haven't Run Away

ningmilo via FreeDigitalPhotos.com
I neglect this blog. It's not that I'm not crafting; it's that I'm not really blogging about it. Then on top of it I keep doing that thing where I delete my posts and start all over. It's weird, I know.

But this year I'm going to be a better blogger though on all of my blogs. And this one is where I can definitely show the most improvement. So...

I'm currently working on two major projects: my submissions for the 2013 Blogging from A to Z Challenge and a crocheted jacket.

For the A to Z Challenge, I'm embroidering song lyrics for each letter of the alphabet. If I were sticking to the schedule I created myself in September, I'd have A through L done and be most of the way done with M by now. But instead I have A through D done and am about half done on E and J. I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I'll keep going until the last possible minute.

And the crochet jacket is the Wild Flower from DROPS Design. It's the first time that I've made something wearable like this. I've made wraps, hats, scarves, gloves, a couple shrugs that are just rectangles sewn partially up but never a jacket. There's been a lot of frogging but I'm getting close to done. I have the body of the jacket and one sleeve completely finished. I'm working on the second sleeve now then it's just assembling and the border. The end is in sight.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the #atozchallenge ! Look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals! I'm a new follower in anticipation of the A-Z Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a very different and creative A to Z theme planned. Glad you've joined us.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully the readers think it's as fun as I do.

      Delete

Question? Comment? Just wanna say hi? Leave me a message. I respond to every comment so I suggest clicking the link below that says "Suscribe by email" to get my response in your inbox.