February 8, 2013

Granny Scarf

I haven't forgotten about the Wild Flower Jacket. I've just put it into hibernation for a few weeks so I can work on other projects. I got frustrated and tired of frogging the sleeves. So rather than keep compounding the frustration, I put it away and picked out some other projects to do.

One of which was the Harlequin Hoodie (available for free on Ravelry). I discovered it on Pinterest and when I realized a couple weeks ago that I don't really have any bright and happy scarves, this felt like a perfect fit.

So I bought the yarn and started it. But when I finished the hood, I just wasn't feeling the hood part. I ended up using a modification of a granny rectangle method and made a circle scarf that can be wrapped a couple times around my neck to make it a cowl. You can see all the details on its Ravelry project page.

But I swear the yarn was breeding while I was making more projects with the leftover. It just keeps going and going. A hat, headband, scarf and purse later and I STILL have a bunch left. That I'm using to attempt to knit. I'll let you know how that goes.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog through the A To Z Challenge list, hope you don't mind me stopping by. :-)

    That looks lovely and bright and warm. I'm very jealous of you being able to crochet, I taught myself to knit several years ago but I've not succeeded in teaching myself crochet, yet.

    I've got a few balls of wool that just go on forever too. There's some light yellow, green and blue that I got when I first started to knit and it's still going strong now.

    By the way, I've nominated you on my blog for the Liebster Award. The post is scheduled for Tuesday so when it's up you can check it out here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click, of course I don't mind you coming by. :)

      I haven't gotten to wear my scarf yet which makes me kind of sad. The weather has been a bit too warm. Isn't that just the way things happen? You make a new pretty scarf and really want to wear it and the weather warms up? And when you're trying to get rid of the yarn it keeps going and going and going... I took it as a sign that I should knit. I figure I'll just do the stockinette stitch till I run out. Good practice.

      And thanks for the award. I'll make sure I check it out Tuesday.

      Delete
  2. Pretty! I really love granny squares - they are so versatile. I haven't made any scarves this year at all! I usually get to wear them for a couple weeks at least down here, but Florida has had such a warm winter, I haven't even taken the old scarves I made out of storage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have a love-hate relationships with granny squares/rectangles. I love that they're so easy and quick. But I can't stand sewing them together. And sometimes they can be "Loving Hands at Home," a description a former co-worker used to describe hand-crafted items that probably weren't the best idea.

      Delete

Question? Comment? Just wanna say hi? Leave me a message. I respond to every comment so I suggest clicking the link below that says "Suscribe by email" to get my response in your inbox.