February 16, 2013

Liebster Award



So... I have a love/hate relationship with blog awards. Yeah, they're fun and silly but they make me feel so middle school. If you don't get one, it kind of hurts your feelings (at least it does mine when I see them on blogs I frequent). But if you do get one, there's that Yay! feeling and then for me that's followed by "But so-and-so didn't get one..."

Click from Click's Clan has given me the Liebster award. Aw, thanks.

But I'm going to break the rules. I'll answer the questions and do the facts but I'm not passing it on. For the reasons that I stated above and also the fact that the blogs I would generally give it to all have 200+ followers (it's for blogs with less than 200) and because other than Click, I haven't suscribed to any new blogs in a few weeks. And you can't regift this. So... I'm being a rebel.

So you're supposed to share 11 facts about yourself and then answer the 11 questions the gifter wrote. So here goes.

Random facts...
  1. My Aunt Kay tried to teach me how to crochet as a child but it didn't take. And when I taught myself as an adult, she died before knowing that I picked it up. For some reason, that really bothers me.
  2. I refuse to leave the house with unpainted toenails.
  3. I have finally finished the story mode of Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 after playing it for almost a year. A gamer I'm not. Now I'm trying to find all the gold bricks so I can unlock the Voldemort character.
  4. I'm an incessant multi-tasker and have been known to watch tv, blog and crochet all at the same time.
  5. I no longer channel surf because of the Kardashians. It's like a train wreck. You just can't help watching and I'd end up killing several hours and brain cells.
  6. I'm an expert procrastinator and have to live and die by my to-do list to get anything done.
  7. I am attempting the English method in my learning to knit. I tried Continental too but ended up moving the needle too much and unraveled everything.
  8. My backpack weighed an average 35 pounds in middle school and high school. And I remember maybe 25% of what I learned and actually use less than that. Lame.
  9. After becoming hooked on watching Hotel Impossible I want to own my own hotel. Maybe more of a bed and breakfast. I think it might be fun.
  10. I won't buy any yarn that can't be machine washed and dried. I hand wash NOTHING. Seriously. Who's got time to do that all the time?
  11. I've gotten so used to my Fitbit that when I don't wear it I feel naked.

And now the 11 questions she wrote...
  1. How old were you when you first started using the internet? Um14/15ish. It was AOL too. The kind that used the phone line. Haha. Good times.
  2. What’s your favourite memory from school? I hated school. Hm. It was after I graduated but I'll say when I went to France. It was with my high school French teacher so it counts as a school thing.
  3. You can invite five people, living or dead, to a fantasy dinner party. Who do you invite? My maternal grandmother, my aunt Kay, Audrey Hepburn, Doris Day and Katherine Hepburn.
  4. If you weren’t doing your current job, what job would you be doing? A million other things. I dunno own a B&B, an amusement park, own rental properties, own a yarn store. I dunno.
  5. What is your favourite photo or picture? (If you can’t share it, describe it). I dunno. I've never really thought about it.
  6. What is your favourite room in your house? I don't really have one.
  7. Why do you blog? Creative outlet, to make friends, boredom...
  8. Who was your first crush on? Kellen in elementary school. Man, he was such a good friend and so cute. I wonder what happened to him.
  9. Do you still have your first teddy/stuffed toy? Maybe. I don't know. No one's ever said that a specific toy was my first.
  10. Where in the world would you like to visit? England, Ireland, Scotland, France (again), Monaco, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Canada, Australia....
  11. What is the worst book you’ve ever read? I know this is going to piss people off but the second one of the Twilight series. The first one was meh but the second one was even worse! I didn't even read the full thing. I've always regretted not standing up to peer pressure and just being like "No, the first book sucked butt. I REFUSE to read this shit." Seriously. It was horrible. I want that time and those brain cells back.
Alright. There you are. 11 facts. 11 answered questions. Don't forget to check out Click's Clan.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the well deserved award. Well done.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks for doing this. I was a bit worried about passing this on because they can feel a bit chainmaily sometimes. :-)

    I feel you on the Lego Harry Potter game, I've told myself I'm not allowed the next one until I've finished the first. It's been about two years so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne.

      Click, thanks again for giving me the award. It was fun (and hard to come up with 11 facts). I bought the 2nd Lego Harry Potter a few months ago but I haven't played it yet.

      Delete
  3. Two things -
    1 - I LOVE the title of your blog. It's great.
    2 - I hear you on your feelings towards blog awards. They are great to receive but can bring back that middle school snark when you don't get one. Beyond that ... I get the worst writer's block when it comes to share and tell about myself when I get one! Probably why I haven't received many since my first couple of months blogging two years ago. ;)

    ~Alana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alana - Thanks! I love the blog title and went through several before I thought of this one. But it's just so perfect. And it took me about 2 days to come up with the 11 facts.

      Delete

Question? Comment? Just wanna say hi? Leave me a message. I respond to every comment so I suggest clicking the link below that says "Suscribe by email" to get my response in your inbox.