April 1, 2013

Gimme an A!

Below is my contribution for today's letter of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. For more information about the challenge please visit their website http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com. If this is your first visit here from the challenge, I'm embroidering song lyrics for each letter. I'm also participating over at The Occasional Adventures of a Hermit, feel free to check that out too.

It's finally time for the Blogging from A to Z Challenge! Are you excited? I'm excited. It was just over a year ago when I stumbled on the Challenge's site. I figured I had nothing better to do and signed up on a whim. I had so much fun that I doubled down and signed up with two blogs this year and I'm already looking forward to next year's. Of course, none of that would be happening without Arlee Bird who came up with the Challenge. So thank you for creating the Challenge and then sharing it with everyone else.

So when I was picking out the songs that I would embroider lyrics from I knew almost right away that I was going to use Rissi Palmer's "Anybody Out There" for my A. I've had a deep attachment to this song since I heard it the very first time. Every song on Rissi Palmer's self-titled album reaches me in some way.

I'd like to revisit these lyrics in another embroidery. Maybe after the A to Z Challenge is done. I have an idea for them. More art than just words stitched on a piece of muslin.

Song: Anybody Out There
Singer: Rissi Palmer
Album: Rissi Palmer
Writers: Lisa Drew and Shaye Smith


21 comments:

  1. That's so cool. I haven't embroidered anything since high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KC, congrats on your first post for 2013 Challenge... or is it your second? Hope you continue to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're doing it on two blogs? Brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the challenge! What an interesting way to get involved. I participated last year and had a blast!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique idea. Love it! This is my first year of the challenge. looking forward to more posts.

    Cynthia @ The Sock Zone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary - Thanks. I hadn't done embroidery for years and thought it would be a good way to get back into it.

    Speedingturtle - Cute name :) I think technically this is my first of the year. I think I had it scheduled before any others.

    Kellie - Yup. And I'm already planning on doing 3 next year.

    Donna - Thanks. So far I'm having a blast

    Cynthia - You'll love the challenge. It's soooooo much fun.

    I'll drop by all of your guys' blogs this evening :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great song. Good luck on the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitches are so even - what gorgeous work you do! And thanks for sharing the link to Anybody Out There, too. I had never heard this song but it's beautiful - I'm a new fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Embroidery is a lovely skill. I'm always in awe of those early Samplers. Some are so beautiful. Good luck on your A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Jeesh!! I feel my crafting street cred is majoring diminished!! I can't wait to see the rest of the month!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! You're embroidered that! That's incredible. Great start for the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan K., Susan G., Robyn & Write On Mamas - Thanks for all the compliments :)

    C. Lee - I haven't done a sampler but I want to. I'll have to put some effort into finding a cute one.

    Heather - I've seen some of your crafty posts. I think we're pretty even.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful embroidery! Lovely. Can't wait to see what else you come up with for your A-Z.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL I think I'm with Heather on this one. Whoa! That would do me in. What a great idea though :) Good luck with the rest of the month!!

    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the compliments. And it might just do me in. :D It's going to be a crazy month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a cool A to Z theme! Love it. :) I haven't listened to this song yet but will do :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I could embroider as well as you do. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW - what a great idea!
    You are indeed very brave doing two blogs :) this is my first year of the challenge, YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the compliments & visits :D

    ReplyDelete

Question? Comment? Just wanna say hi? Leave me a message. I respond to every comment so I suggest clicking the link below that says "Suscribe by email" to get my response in your inbox.