April 4, 2013

Gimme a D!

Below is my contribution for today's letter of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. For more information about the challenge please visit their website http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com. If this is your first visit here from the challenge, I'm embroidering song lyrics for each letter. I'm also participating over at The Occasional Adventures of a Hermit, feel free to check that out too.

So my original plan when I planned all of this was to do the full lyrics of another song and do this really elaborate picture with them. And then I realized that I was overreaching my embroidery skills and that it would take me months just to draw the picture the way I wanted it (Monet, I'm not) let alone stitch it. So this is a backup song.

I like the lyrics and I'm happy with the stitching but there's just a general feeling of discontent with it. I think it's because it wasn't the first song that I wanted to do. Meh.
 
Song: Do Your Thing
Singer: *NSYNC
Album: Celebrity
Writer: James Moss
 

13 comments:

  1. I love that it was embroidered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a great theme for A to Z! Stopping by from the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie & Stella - Thanks for the compliments and coming by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from the A-Z Challenge! What a great theme, bringing embroidery together with music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Black Frog enjoyed Oh Frog It! ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the embroidery, I think you're wonderful for just being able to get the words done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWOWOW!! You have an awesome theme!! Beautiful!
    Connie
    A to Z Challenge.
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the compliments and visits :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work and a lot of effort. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, marrying needlework and music. Aren't you creative! Nice to have the NSYNC blast from the past, too. I'll visit again to admire your handiwork and musical taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can't believe justin timberlake used to be a NSYNC boy... how long ago was that??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the visits & compliments.

    Justin will ALWAYS be an *NSYNC boy in my eyes. He can run and try to hide by straightening his hair and wearing designer suits but he won't succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an original idea for the challenge! Beautiful embroidery!

    ReplyDelete

Question? Comment? Just wanna say hi? Leave me a message. I respond to every comment so I suggest clicking the link below that says "Suscribe by email" to get my response in your inbox.