April 6, 2013

Gimme a F!

Below is my contribution for today's letter of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. For more information about the challenge please visit their website http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com. If this is your first visit here from the challenge, I'm embroidering song lyrics for each letter. I'm also participating over at The Occasional Adventures of a Hermit, feel free to check that out too.

I have to say that this embroidery is one of my favorites so far. The lyrics are from  "Flesh Against the Thorn" by Heather Alexander. It t didn't take me long to pick it; I've loved this song from the first time I heard it. I didn't draw the flower myself. I got it from wallpuput.com (search "rose line art") and added the lower leaf to it. I'm happy with it.

Song: Flesh Against the Thorn
Singer: Heather Alexander
Album: Midsummer
Writer: Heather Alexander (I think. I can't find it but I'm pretty certain I saw on her now-dead website that she wrote it.)

I couldn't find a YouTube video for this song. But you can hear a sample by going to the album's page on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00104WC24/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1364754269&sr=8-1

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful original approach to the A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choice of lyrics. I am so impressed with your theme choice and the embroidery. It would take me all month just to embroider what you have done for a single post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embroidery is so simple and yet so lovely. Really good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to do needlepoint and embroidery and I always marveled at how cool it all looked.

    Great theme and hello from the hop! :)

    Left and Write

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I'm dropping in from the A-Z

    I must agree with the others above. What an original choice for your website. Very creative, well done.

    Deb
    http://writingworkshopsandcompetitions.blogspot.co.uk/


    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that. Flesh against the thorn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet poem and delightful embroidery. Lovely post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the visits and compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I ask are these all separate pieces, or are they going to make up a whole item/hanging? Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wicked Writer - Thanks. They're separate but it was suggested to make a quilt with them. I'm not sure I will but it's better than leaving them folded in the bottom of my project bucket.

      Delete

Question? Comment? Just wanna say hi? Leave me a message. I respond to every comment so I suggest clicking the link below that says "Suscribe by email" to get my response in your inbox.