April 9, 2013

Gimme a H!

Below is my contribution for today's letter of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. For more information about the challenge please visit their website http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com. If this is your first visit here from the challenge, I'm embroidering song lyrics for each letter. I'm also participating over at The Occasional Adventures of a Hermit, feel free to check that out too.

Alright so. I had issues with this embroidery. I picked "Health to the Company," specifically the Brobdingnagian Bards' version. But then I started the actual embroidering and it was so small (I had made the font too small) I hated it. So I made it bigger and started over. Then a few lines into it I decided that I hated the color. I didn't start over but the color bugged me for the rest of the time. And at one point I looked at it and told myself I hated the whole thing and had chosen the wrong song. Not sure why. I love the song and like these specific lyrics. But this embroidery almost had me waving the white flag of defeat.

Song: Health to the Company
Singer: Brobdingnagian Bards
Album: A Faire to Remember
Writer: Traditional Song

11 comments:

  1. What a crafty, unique idea! Embroidering song lyrics! I love it! :)
    #1342
    A to Z April Blogging Challenge
    http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/h-is-for-haunted/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I love the song. But what will you do with all 26 when the month is over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My head spun reading that you're embroidering song lyrics for the AtoZ challenge. Bravo to you!

    My A to Z:
    Take 25 to Hollister
    Don't be a Hippie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visits. :) And I might make a quilt but it's undecided.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lyrics. A quilt would be a good idea. Just post a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really putting some work into this embroidery. Many years ago I got into this and had embroidery all over all sorts of my clothes. I know how much work it can be.

    Now following--thought I was already.

    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you must be a really fast embroiderer! Fun idea :) Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge ~ @OneSquigglyLine www.OneSquigglyLine.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan - Most people think the quilt is a good idea

    Lee - I thought you were too. Blogger's being a jerk to me so I wouldn't be surprised if it was randomly unfollowing me.

    OneSquigglyLine - I've been working on these for a few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I hate that when you do a project that is already work, you re-do, that doesn't work
    makes ya want to...

    I'm just so impressed that you are doing this for each letter

    inspired by Emily Dickenson today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's some beautiful embroidery! Something I've always thought it would be fun to learn. This is one of the most unique ideas for a theme for the Challenge I've seen yet! Way to go--that's some impressive commitment!

    Jaimie at Living in the Light
    A to Z Challenge Ambassador

    ReplyDelete
  11. moondustwriter - I think that discontent feeling from started and restarting is probably why I frog so many crochet projects.

    Jaimie - Thanks :) It is fun. You should try it.

    ReplyDelete

Question? Comment? Just wanna say hi? Leave me a message. I respond to every comment so I suggest clicking the link below that says "Suscribe by email" to get my response in your inbox.