April 11, 2013

Gimme a J!

Below is my contribution for today's letter of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. For more information about the challenge please visit their website http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com. If this is your first visit here from the challenge, I'm embroidering song lyrics for each letter. I'm also participating over at The Occasional Adventures of a Hermit, feel free to check that out too.

So far, this is my favorite embroidery (keep in mind that I'm writing this in January and only have four others done, haha). This is the first one that I got courageous and drew a picture for (not just a wonky border) but an actual picture. Okay, so it's a silhouette but still. I'm happy with it. And yes, it took me almost a full afternoon to draw that. So you'd better like it.

I really love this one and think I'm going to hang it. Not sure if I'll put it over a canvas or frame it or hang it in a hoop. But it's going to be hung.

There's a lot of different versions of the song but the one that inspired me was the Brobdingnagian Bards' version. I love them.


Song: Jug of Punch
Singers: Brobdingnagian Bards
Album: Songs of Ireland
Writer: Traditional song


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking all afternoon to draw it, it turned out perfect! This is my first time stopping by and I really like what I've seen! Very talented.
    Dani @ Entertaining Interests
    #warriorminion

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from a-z. This is lovely. I love the bird sillouette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece. I love the bird. Hope you're enjoying the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visits. I'm glad you guys loved the bird. This is still my favorite of the embroideries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I found your site! Love your theme! And at the end what do you do with all your creations? You can't possibly hang them all up...right? I should look back at your first post - you probably answered that question. These could be blocks for a quilt!

    AtoZ
    www.mainelywrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. A quilt is a possibility.

      Delete

Question? Comment? Just wanna say hi? Leave me a message. I respond to every comment so I suggest clicking the link below that says "Suscribe by email" to get my response in your inbox.